OUR PATRON SAINT, THERESE OF LISIEUX
THE LITTLE FLOWER
When our church was being formed in 1925 and the church committee, along with Father Coates, selected the name of Saint Therese, the bishop officially designated the church to be the shrine of the Little Flower. It was the first shrine of the Little Flower to be established in the states of Missouri and Kansas. The shrine was donated by E.G. Mura and contained two relics - one sent directly from Rome and one presented by Bishop Lillis after returning from Rome in January 1926.
Our parish continues to be Kansas City's home for the shrine of our Patron Saint, Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower. Her relics may be venerated in her shrine during weekdays until 4:00 pm or any time the church is open. During Lent, a relic of the True Cross may be venerated at the Saint Joseph altar. (Please use the Rectory entrance if the church is closed.)
To learn more about Saint Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower, please click any of the links below to visit these informative sites:
Saint Therese from the book "Lives of Saints"
(be sure to click on 'More' at the bottom of each page)
The Story of Saint Therese of Lisieux
(3 1/2 minute YouTube video)
Saint Therese the movie
(after the intro, click on the roses on the left side of the page)